About Me

My photo
I'm an extroverted woman looking for my purpose in the world; I've got charisma, I'm nosey, I'm upfront and I will confront you, but I am probably the most lovable person you'll ever meet :)

Thursday, September 15, 2011

will work for food

Hi guys,

So I've been looking for a temporary job since I've been out of school in April. It's the middle of September and I have found nothing. It sucks. Big time.

I've been to a few interviews and they've been okay but I haven't been called back and I'm starting to wonder why. I've always thought I had a great personality and that my work ethic was strong and would show through in any interview but I guess being late to each and every one of them didn't help.

It's not like I purposely get to these places late; I try to get there on time but guys, universal forces are against me. I don't think I'm meant to work-- but frankly, I'm getting tired of waking up each day with no where to go.

However, I went for an interview this past Monday and I think I got the job. I mean, they told me to come start training in a few days--that's a good sign right? meh... the job sucks. I'll be outside all day, with Canada's unpredictable weather. The pay is moderate and the hours are good, but the actual job sucks! No worries though, I'll still go for the training and see how I like it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed- maybe I'll actually hate the job so much I'll never want to work again like the job.

I'm still applying for jobs and keeping faith that something great will come along.

Until next time,


BoomStarz, MD


1 comment:

  1. First I will laugh at the fact that you were LATE....then go on to say "it the forces of the universal " that are making you late...heheheheh- I know how that is.

    I too have been searching for a Job, well since May/June. It is hard to not think the world doesnt want you anymore,especially when you have had so many other interviews in the past and done well.
    Yes, to the great personality and work ethnics, but something more is needed- obviously coz we are still unemployed!
    Personally, this stage in my life sucks most coz I have always been raised to work hard to get what you want and that no one will give you favour without expecting one in return. I have always pushed myself to stand by myself, yet in this very point in time I feel I am relying on someone doing me a favour, a friend or a friend of a friend to help me get a job. In fact, there is no way I would have made it from June to today if it werent for a number of people holding my hand.
    A lesson learnt, but rather to painful process, " NO MAN IS AN ISLAND"

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think