About Me

My photo
I'm an extroverted woman looking for my purpose in the world; I've got charisma, I'm nosey, I'm upfront and I will confront you, but I am probably the most lovable person you'll ever meet :)

Sunday, September 11, 2011

if you gotta go; if the spotlight makes you nervous

things have been so crazy and hectic...
I should have gotten back by now...
but you know how much I wanted to make it...
...I was only trying to get ahead
but the spotlight makes you nervous
and you're looking for a purpose 
----Drake


Hey guys,

So for whatever reason I decided to browse through Facebook and check the pages of childhood friends. I had found out one of them is moving back to his home country and my chest felt heavy, really heavy. We're not very close...in fact, we have only said a few words to each other in the past four years, but I still felt something. I may never get to see him again.

So as I went through different pages, I began to realize something. I am growing up. I am a grown up that is still growing up and guys, I got scared. Really scared!

I've always wanted to travel the world; to be free somehow but life hasn't given me that luxury. Now that I'm four months away from starting medical school, I'm worrying that this is my last chance. To travel. That is, to travel as a single woman. I'm hoping by the next time I get this chance, I will either be married or at least be with the person I am going to marry.

sigh... I'm praying for some miracle that will allow me to travel the world... Spain, Italy, France, Morroco, Cape Verde, South Africa...

I'm hoping I'll wake up tomorrow and I'll get a phone call saying someone wants to give me enough money to travel to countries of my choice and the chance to bring a friend along.

**Fingers crossed**

BoomStarz, MD

9 comments:

  1. Hehehe
    The is so much the world has yet it seems many are so far away to touch! Am sure you shall travel in due time, I mean going to MUA is the beginning of your travels really!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey...my first comment! yay..this will go down in history.

    you're right... MUA could be the beginning lol... and I guess it will be if God says no to my prayer of traveling before then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spain, Italy, France, Morroco, Cape Verde, South Africa

    im crossing my fingers for AND with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. alright, like i get what you are saying, and it's totally true as you said it. Nevertheless, people do stay young forever regardless of how many years they have on them. that's my plan too, be young till death.

    As per travelling, don't matter when you get to do it, all that matters is that you get to do it, and sometimes who you do it with! Cliché but, hey, can't be better said!

    ReplyDelete
  5. btw, this is a great idea...the blog that is. I intend to keep updated! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol..thanks for the comment...

    you can always feel young but life doesn't really give room to always act young.

    :s

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg I really want to travel the world as well before I become old and grey. This post just sparked the fire to start planning

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl! Quarter of a century and counting. Still waiting for when we get the chance to have dinner in Paris.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think