About Me

My photo
I'm an extroverted woman looking for my purpose in the world; I've got charisma, I'm nosey, I'm upfront and I will confront you, but I am probably the most lovable person you'll ever meet :)

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Third Block

Wow, what a block.

Basically we learned.... A  LOT... I mean just incredible the amount of information.

Neuroscience: All the cranial nerves, the thalamus, the limbic system, the reticular formation. For each of these, we have to know the routes they take in the brain and brain stem, the normal function of each part in each system, and the manifestations when there is damage to that area.

Microbiology: We learned probably 50 bacterias, they way they infect, their reservoirs, what body part(s) they infect and their symptoms, as well as their diagnostic criteria-- i.e. what you would see if you did a culture, what medium you would need and sometimes, what antibiotic is useful.

Medical Psychology: I loved this block. We learned about personality disorders, conduct disorders, operant conditioning, and disorders such as anxiety, phobia, panic, OCD, depression, bulimia, anorexia. Very eye opening.

Ethics: Just more of the same stuff.

I wish I had more to say, but that's all I can come up with. Perhaps I'll make posts in between blocks to talk about other things.


BoomStarzMD

1 comment:

Tell me what you think