About Me

My photo
I'm an extroverted woman looking for my purpose in the world; I've got charisma, I'm nosey, I'm upfront and I will confront you, but I am probably the most lovable person you'll ever meet :)

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

3.2

So we just finished block 2.

This block we focused on:

Neuroscience: Injuries to the spinal cord, cerebrum and cerebellum such as strokes, Multiple Sclerosis, Deafness, Paralysis. This was by far the course I enjoyed most this block because I got to learn why and how patients develop these diseases and conditions. Those people on wheelchairs, those people who had a car accident and can no longer speak, I know how that's happening.

Immunology: We learned a lot of things. This course is extremely boring. Knowing how to identify certain diseases is quite interesting but learning which protein, gene, molecule is defective or missing is a bore!

Medical Psychology: Here we focused on childhood development, Human sexuality + disorders, Learning disabilities and mental retardation as well as depression, bipolar spectrum disorders, autism, etc. It was eye opening to see the criteria that the DSM-IV uses to diagnose these people.

Ethics: More of the same stuff lol. Ethics is just ethics, it seems unimportant but I can actually see how it would be useful.

Block Exams...they were the most challenging exams I've had to date. WOW WOW WOW. I was stunned. You had to think critically, more than one would have expected. Most people didn't do that well, but I must say I am thankful for my grades. I have no one to thank but God. So grateful, I owe it all to him.

Socially, there's not much happening. You gradually learn how to "have fun" but it never quite equates to being home with your family and going out with your "normal" friends.

All in all this was a great block and as stressful as it was, I look forward to the next block.

Thanks for reading,
Until next time,

BoomStarzMD

2 comments:

  1. Lol people out there aren't normal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, no they're really not. I swear the number one reason people go crazy is school...there might be like 4 people I see myself keeping contact with after I leave this place.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think