About Me

My photo
I'm an extroverted woman looking for my purpose in the world; I've got charisma, I'm nosey, I'm upfront and I will confront you, but I am probably the most lovable person you'll ever meet :)

Monday, December 26, 2011

Greetings From Nevis

So I'm finally here. Got here December 23rd. Took a 4 hour flight from Toronto to St. Kitts and hopped on a 45 min ferry to get to Nevis. The Air Canada flight I took was the first direct flight from Canada to come to St. Kitts so we were met by dancers and drumming and small packaged treats. It made me feel real special.

My apartment is nice. Bigger than I expected which is always a good thing. At the front I'm looking at the sea and at the back I'm looking at what I believe is Mount Nevis. It is soooo quiet here especially since its the holidays. Most people are spending time with their families. This is a great atmosphere for studying but I'm not sure how much fun one can have here.

Guys, Internet is soooo necessary. My landlord doesn't know much about it and was of no help. I figured out myself that the place had Internet and it wasn't till Christmas afternoon that I set it up and the evening that I set up the WiFi. Again, Internet is so necessary. I felt lost and alone and disconnected. How does one cope without Internet? Am I addicted? Maybe. But it's an addiction I'm willing to live with!

So I think there are only a couple other new students here right now. The rest will be joining us in the next few days. It'll be nice to get to know some faces before class starts. Orientation is on January 2nd and classes begin on the 3rd for everyone. I'm still excited and I still can't wait to start.

Until next time,

BoomStarzMD

1 comment:

  1. Omg No internet? I would have gone crazy.lol Wow Med school in St. Kitts, im so jealous. Not the med school part hehe. You should put up a picture of the view from your apartment and a picture of Mount Nevis.:)

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think